Labor & employment law
The labor and employment law practice at PBY&A has extensive experience in representing management in all manners of dispute and across a wide range of industries. Our clients rely on our breadth of knowledge to provide wise counsel that mitigates potential legal exposure, at both a proactive level (training, audits, etc.) and in situations where litigation is pending, active or otherwise imminent.
Representative projects include:
- Currently defending national furniture retailer in discrimination claims.
- Currently representing national sub-prime lender in non-compete litigation.
- Currently representing national IT company in non-compete litigation.
- Defended hundreds of small and large companies and entrepreneurs in discrimination and wage & hour cases in federal and state courts in Florida, and before local, state, and federal administrative bodies.
- Have defended hundreds of local and national clients in ADA actions alleging architectural barriers.
- Advise and counsel clients in employment issues that arise on a day-to-day basis, including:
- Classification decisions;
- Employee handbooks;
- Employee leave and disability accommodations;
- Onboarding and terminations; and
- Internal investigations.