Mark Albright is a founding member of PBY&A and has extensive experience in corporate law. He focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital funding, technology and computer law, startups, intellectual property, health care, franchises, and more. Mr. Albright was a senior attorney at one of Florida’s largest law firms and has lectured on economics for the University of Miami’s School of Business, the University of Florida, the University of Iowa College of Law, and elsewhere.
Mr. Albright has studied several areas of the law, receiving an LLM in comparative and East Asian law, a JD, and an MA in economics from the University of Washington School of Law. He received his BA from Northwestern University and also studied at Waseda University in Tokyo, Japan.
Mr. Albright has been a Best Lawyer in America® for Technology Law since 2007 and has been a Super Lawyer® in Mergers and Acquisitions since 2011. South Florida Business Journal recognized him in its Key Partner Awards in 2011 and named him a Top Lawyer: Corporate and Business; Technology from 2007 to 2018. He has also been recognized by Florida Trend for Legal Elite, Business Law.
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Intellectual Property Licensing
- Technology and Computer Law
- Corporate Finance
- General Corporate Law and Transactions
- Start-up and Emerging Companies
- Health Care Law
- Franchise Law
- Private Securities Law
- Sports and Entertainment Law
- International Law
- Japanese Law
- University of Washington School of Law LL.M., Comparative and East Asian Law, 1996
- Thesis Topic: International Trade and Japanese Antitrust Law
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D., 1996
- University of Washington, M.A., Economics, 1994
- Northwestern University, B.A., 1990
- Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan, Study Abroad Program, 1989
- The Florida Bar, admitted 1997
- American Bar Association
- Gold Coast Venture Capital Association, Board of Directors, 2004 – 2008
- Entrepreneurs’ Organization, Board of Directors, 2004-2010
- Lecturer, University of Iowa College of Law – Course Taught: Startups and Emerging Companies
- Lecturer, University of Miami, Graduate School of Business – Courses Taught: Industrial Organization (Antitrust Economics), Managerial, International and Micro & Macro Economics
- Guest Lecturer University of Florida Center for Entrepreneurship
- Speaker, Private Placement Memoranda, Gold Coast Venture Capital Association, December 3, 2008
- Co-lead counsel on several $300 million+ multinational merger and acquisition transactions across several different industries.
- Successfully represented multiple clients in securing commercial financing in excess of $2 billion, including a syndicated commercial loan facility in excess of $1 billion.
- Served as outside general counsel for medical device Software Company, including structuring and negotiating worldwide licensing program.
- Successfully negotiated several multi-million dollar ASP license agreements with Fortune 100 companies for developer of industry-specific accounting software.
- Successfully negotiated over $13 million in Series A, B and C rounds of Private Equity Financing for a privately held technology company.
- Negotiated an exclusive international license with an iconic U.S. branding company.
- The Best Lawyers in America® Technology Law, 2007 – present
- Super Lawyers®, Mergers & Acquisitions, 2011 – Present
- South Florida Business Journal, “Key Partner Awards”, 2011
- Florida Trend “Legal Elite, Business Law”, 2007 – 2012, 2014 -2015
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Lawyer: Corporate and Business; Technology, 2007 – 2018
Get in Touch with PBY&A
PBY&A is your trusted law firm, delivering big-firm results with boutique-level attention. Whatever business issue you’re dealing with, we make sure you succeed.
The PBY&A team is ready to help you. Reach out today to get started.