Paul Turner is a PBY&A partner leading the litigation group. He is an expert at resolving the most contentious and complex commercial disputes for clients including professional athletes and other high-net-worth individuals. He works with both domestic and foreign businesses and focuses his litigation practice on commercial and shareholder issues, labor and employment law, unfair competition, and other areas. He has dealt with breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, negligence, and fraud claims.
Prior to joining PBY&A, Mr. Turner worked with Florida-based telecommunications companies that see more than $500 million in revenue annually. He has successfully litigated commercial matters for more than $70 million and obtained a $48 million judgment in federal litigation involving a Florida Ponzi scheme. He was a speaker at the Daily Business Review’s Corporate Counsel Summit in May 2015 discussing affirmative defenses best practices, and he wrote about Florida affirmative defenses and procedural objections for ALM in 2015.
Mr. Turner received his JD from the University of Miami School of Law and a BA from the University of Michigan. He is a member of the Florida Bar Association, the Broward County Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association, the Florida Bar’s 17th Circuit UPL Committee, and the Southern, Middle, and Northern Districts of Florida. He has previously been a member of the Florida Bar’s 17th Circuit Grievance and Media & Communications Committees and the Subcommittee on Electronic Access to Court Records.
- Commercial Litigation/Arbitration
- Shareholder Dispute Litigation/Arbitration
- Restrictive Covenant Litigation/Arbitration
- Trade Secret and Unfair Competition Litigation/Arbitration
- Telecommunications Litigation/Arbitration
- Labor & Employment
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A.
- The Florida Bar
- Member of the Federal Bar Association
- Member of The Florida Bar’s Seventeenth Circuit UPL Committee 2015 – Present
- Member of the Broward County Bar Association
- Member of The Florida Bar’s Seventeenth Circuit Grievance Committee; 2012-2014
- Member of The Florida Bar’s Media & Communications Law Committee; 2003-2004
- Member of The Florida Bar’s Media & Communications Law Committee’s
- Subcommittee on Electronic Access to Court Records; 2004
- Speaker, “Ten Points on Defense: Best Practices in Affirmative Defenses”, Daily Business Review’s Corporate Counsel Summit, May 2015
- Florida Affirmative Defenses and Procedural Objections (ALM 2015)
- Successfully litigated commercial matter in excess of $70MM
- Successfully arbitrated commercial matter in excess of $100MM
- Obtained $48MM judgment in federal litigation involving a Florida Ponzi scheme
- Successfully negotiated and obtained favorable settlements in multiple litigation and arbitration matters
- US District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- US District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- US District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Get in Touch with PBY&A
PBY&A is your trusted law firm, delivering big-firm results with boutique-level attention. Whatever business issue you’re dealing with, we make sure you succeed.
The PBY&A team is ready to help you. Reach out today to get started.